domingo, 16 de marzo de 2008

"Arguiñaning" or how I learnt to cook

One of my biggest fears before I came to Linköping was the fact that I didn't know how to cook... ok, everybody can handle the challenge of some pasta+already done sauce or defreezeing some vegetables...
I have to admit that I am really impressed by my improvements ever since August!
after that TERRIBLE "tortilla de patatas" I made in September for my corrifor mates, I have been making noticeable progress! Croquetas, escalibada, apple "crumble", cookies, beans+veggies,... and even moussaka (although it wasn't as good as we expected...)







I've been trying recipes from Youtube (at one point I only watched Nonna Stella's cooking until I discovered she only had 23 chapters...), reading quite a lot about cooking techniques and surprinsingly not calling home to ask my parents (my father is the greatest cook ever!) although I've always had in mind their "cooking style" ;)

On the other hand, I haven't tried any Swedish traditional cooking at all... kötbullar, potatisen sallad, that creamy thing they put over toasts, kanellbullar,... simply not for me. Too much artificial tastes in it (they love everything with ketchup, a lot of curry and other similar spices...). But I have to admit Paula's salmon toasts from our last international dinner were really nice!

This week many ppl will be away so not many dinners expected at the cooking school-restaurant "Parmigiano Reggiano Corridor" where I've spend most of my evenings enjoying and learning from my friends but at least for tonight, fika at Andrea's.
I'm thinking about baking the hipercaloric cookies... just in case anybody wants to try, I'll post the recipe:

HIPERCALORIC COOKIES (with dried cranberries or chocolate chips)

Ingredients
175 gr of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
125 gr of butter
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of dark sugar
1 egg
3 spoons of peanut butter
1/2 cup of dried cranberries or chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 150ºC.

In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking soda and the salt.

Mix the butter with the two kinds of suger, add the egg and the peanut butter and then, little by little the flour. Finally, add the cranberries/ chocolate chips.

Place clumps of cookie dough onto cookie sheets. Do not crowd cookies. Leave space for them to spread out a little and not touch.Bake for about 14 minutes.

Cool cookie sheets. Separate the cookies from the cookie sheets with a spatula or pancake turner before they cool completely.

Enjoy the aproximate 500 kcal per cookie... :P


No hay comentarios: