domingo, 5 de agosto de 2007

The Stereotypes...

This is not the 1st time I stop to think about stereotypes... Actually, I thought quite a lot about it before going to the IW Milan in April this year cause the topic of the week was "Fight against stereotypes". I guess it's something that always comes up to you whenever meeting foreign ppl, what's the idea they have aboutSpanish ppl? About Sweden... I believe it to be a very cold place, I thought the ppl were cold too but having had the opportunity to meet quite a few Swedes this year (wonderful IW's!), I think the stereotype I had was wrong. At first they can seem closed and distant but give them the chance and u'll see they are very nice ppl :D A fact: in Spain it is said that ALL Swedish girls are hot. True or false?
I've been speaking lately to 3 young nice Swedish guys (who will from now onwards be Mr. X, Mr. Y and Mr. Z) about the Spanish stereotype. I'll base this post on what they said. Hope the conclusions will be positive!
Well, according to Mr. X ( I promised to keep his identity hidden), Spanish ppl are darked haired and loud. Mmm, yes, that's true, we're quite loud, I should say noisy... but how are u supposed to be heared in a crowded bar plus high volume of music if u don't shout?
Mr. Z spoke about the warm character of Spaniards: "u like partying and drinking". Is that positive? The partying definitively,though the drinking not so sure if it's in terms of alcoholism. Anyway, who doesn't enjoy a lovely warm afternoon drinking a couple of beers with some friends or even better, with some tasty sangria? Come on! Nobody could ever resist! But he added somthing else, he believes Spanish ppl to be very friendly. That's nice Mr. Z! Thanks!
Mr. X added some other facts such as the language. He answered "yes" whenever I asked him if Spanish sounded sweet to him. :D Does Swedish sound sweet too?
Mr. Y knows too much about Spain. And more he'll get to know whenever his Erasmus here starts ;) To sum up all of his information, he thinks Spanish girls are nice.
So... I feel they didn't have a negative view on Spanish ppl, hope that all Swedes think the same!


1 comentario:

Carlos dijo...

Hola Leyre:

Soy Carlos, el chico cuyo blog has agregado en tus links ;) Como ya sabes, estuve el año pasado en Linköping y ahora me gusta leeros a los nuevos para recordar. Estudio lo mismo que tú en Sevilla y sólo decirte que disfrutes al máximo de esta maravillosa experiencia que vas a comenzar. Un saludo.